We are so bad at selfies.
08 July 2014
The Tour de Suisse
Tomorrow I may not be able to get out of bed. This morning we rented bikes and found a map of the countryside to tour. My mother would have had a heart attack seeing us bike over the busiest bridge in town. I had to bike around a city bus with a cement truck following me. Ugh!! I couldn't wait at that point to get to the small trails. The route was supposed to be on busy roads to start and then trails. We did fine through the first part, a little too busy for me, but this was an adventure. We got lost in the town of Kussnacht where we we're supposed to turn around and head back down the trail. So we asked a couple of folks and they spoke very limited English and we spoke very, very limited German. So the second time around we thought we had it right, well we kept ascending, walking a good chunk of the way. We soon saw that somehow we had missed the turn off. We got to see a village with a sawmill, I have uploaded a video of that and we saw several other cute little towns, and many cows with bells. The scary thing was a road sign with the town of Lugano in it, that is where we are taking a train to tomorrow. Not far up the road from that sign we saw one pointing the way back to Luzern. Hallelujah! After coming up the mountain so far we felt like bullets going down, I definitely have a new appreciation for the real Tour de France riders. About 5 km outside of Luzern we found a cute bed and breakfast that served us lunch, we had been on the road since 11:45 and it was 3:00 with nothing to drink or eat. We biked the rest of the way in until we got down to the lake and then walked in from there. Good thing they sell Advil here, it is the super potent kind! All in all we went 20 miles. I am adding pictures from the ride and some more from our hotel and the church across the street. Tomorrow Italy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment